[Healeys] 3000 Mk III cloisonne front badge

Deejay2650 . deejay2650 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 08:10:45 MDT 2016

Greetings from "Down Under"
G'day,
I don't want to appear as the 'fly in the ointment here', but would like to
share my experience with you all.
My car was a *mid 67* build (May '67) BJ8, Mk3 Phase 2, finished in 'Golden
Beige Metallic', black interior, with a bonnet badge finished in *orange*
paint....and told this was the original finish for the period, as some were
finished in cloisonne and some were in fact painted in* late 1967*.
(Source:The Original Austin Healey...Anders Ditlev Clausager)
To be blunt, I hated it....I thought it detracted from the overall look of
the vehicle, and sought to look for a nicer solution....The badge on the
car may or *may not* be the *original* bonnet badge (It will go with the
Healey if I ever sell it) but I wanted a cloisonne badge to be seen as a
celebration of the marque (Like Benson and Hedges...."When only the best
will do, and isn't that all the time"?) as Stuart Wagstaff used to say in
the TV ads, back in the cigarette days of advertising....

I purchased a cloisonne bonnet badge from *AH Spares *in England and it is
just perfect and looks brilliant on the car, I couldn't recommend a better
badge, the attention to detail is faultless; the chrome plating,
perfect,and the fit....exactly the same as the original badge
fitted..Price-wise, expensive, with the OZ exchange rate...yes, but worth
every penny!
Darryl Ross
'67 Austin-Healey BJ8 Mk 111, Ph2