[Healeys] Differential oil

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 08:21:44 MDT 2016

Hey Josef,
Your criticism and sarcastic posts have finally arced me up to respond.
So - if I'm reading your posts - from somewhere back in the 1950's - you don't use anything that isn't in the owners manual, or the driver's handbook?
"And nothing else"
No synthetic oils?
No modern tires/ tyres?
No modern paint?
Is that your point? Nothing that is not in the manuals from 50 plus years ago?

Tyres? Tires?
Seriously?

Mk III drivers handbook
Radial-ply tyres (Dunlop SP41)
 Tyres:
Size, 5.90 - 15 tubed.
Front, 20 lb. /sq. in
Rear, 25 lb. /sq. in
Maximum performance speeds:
increase all pressure by 5 lb./sq.in

So that's what you run on your Healey?

That's clearly only ok in your book if you use 1966 air. Modern air is clearly not acceptable.
Those are your tyres?
Dunlop SP41

So your tyres are 50 plus years old.
http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page/dunlop-sp41
Seriously?
You whinge about this list every couple of years, because it's not technical enough for you.
And yet you advocate not using oil designed or manufactured in the past 15 years?
So you run 50 plus year old tyres?
So why don't you write us a technical article advocating how oil/ tires/ tyres/ batteries/ etc have not changed /improved a Healey in the past 50 plus years.
Do you drive your car Josef?
Seriously. You call yourself into account by criticizing people who use modern oil etc and drive their cars.
Write us a technical article.

Seriously.
Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com