[Healeys] su pumps again

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Nov 22 09:43:47 MST 2016

Op 22-11-2016 om 15:33 schreef Bob Spidell:
> We always try to repair any parts we can, if for no other reason than
> we're cheap asses.
Men to my heart. If anything goes wrong in our house the first thing I
do is open it up and try to fix it first before it is replaced and
thrown away when unsuccessful. All car parts that go wrong are treated
the same way with the exception that nothing is thrown away, but kept.
There may be some parts that can be useful for something at a later
date. You should see my garage!!

> ps.  Does EVERYBODY in Europe maintain and repair their own cars and
> parts?
Many classic car owners do. Of course there has always been a tradition
like that, especially in the UK. However the younger folk lack the
knowledge as they were not able to tinker extensively with cars with the
present many electronic gadgets and management systems. Of course there
are also people who simply cannot hold any spanner.

Cheers,
Kees Oudesluijs