[Healeys] su pumps again

Austin Healeys List austinhealeyslist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 11:07:12 MST 2016

Hi Kees,

What are your thoughts on the modern diaphragms? They are single layer
rubber and permeate petrol vapor into the inside of the pump where the
points are sparking away. This doesn't seem the safest arrangement but
so far hasn't caused a problem.

The original ones were triple layer with a plastic membrane to prevent
permeation but SU have gone for a more economical option with the
replacements and I feel this may cause problems in the future when the
rubber begins to deteriorate.

Andy.