[Healeys] Update from Calgary

goldengt goldengt at cal.net
Mon Nov 14 17:06:47 MST 2016

I would not recommend it.  Maybe easier for rhd. Maybe easier on a nonbj8. I think I gave mine away.Ken Freese

-------- Original message --------From: Ross <rvmaylor at shaw.ca> Date: 11/13/16  10:09 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: healeys at autox.team.net Subject: [Healeys] Update from Calgary
GentlemenMost Novembers here have us buried in snow but this year the warm weather persists. This has allowed me to get a number of items sorted that I had earlier mentioned to the list and get out for a few glorious drives. The disk brake conversion now works after adding a correctly sized master cylinder. The overdrive finally works after years, yes years of frustration. The culprit turned out to be a broken piston ring on the accumulator. An electrical short in the rear license plate lamp caused a release of the treasured smoke under the dash. The small bullet connector inside the lamp rattled out and burnt up some wires and the headlamp switch. Installed a tube shock kit. It feels good though not sure it is a huge improvement. After 28 years of ownership this is the first time everything is working “properly”. (That should jinx it). The next job to tackle this winter might to smooth out the throttle linkage. It is a tad sticky. Has anyone opted for the cable conversions that they would recommend or not? CheersRoss Maylor1958 BN6