[Healeys] Update from Calgary

Ross rvmaylor at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 13 23:09:02 MST 2016

Gentlemen

Most Novembers here have us buried in snow but this year the warm weather
persists. This has allowed me to get a number of items sorted that I had
earlier mentioned to the list and get out for a few glorious drives. The
disk brake conversion now works after adding a correctly sized master
cylinder. The overdrive finally works after years, yes years of frustration.
The culprit turned out to be a broken piston ring on the accumulator. An
electrical short in the rear license plate lamp caused a release of the
treasured smoke under the dash. The small bullet connector inside the lamp
rattled out and burnt up some wires and the headlamp switch. Installed a
tube shock kit. It feels good though not sure it is a huge improvement.
After 28 years of ownership this is the first time everything is working
"properly". (That should jinx it). The next job to tackle this winter might
to smooth out the throttle linkage. It is a tad sticky. Has anyone opted for
the cable conversions that they would recommend or not?

Cheers

Ross Maylor

1958 BN6