[Healeys] Overdrive Question

Bluehealey bluehealey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 09:19:27 MST 2016

Team.

I can agree that a good goo between the mating faces is important and the
Japanese Motorcycle manufacturers will probably have the solution nailed.
The root cause however isn't necessarily pressure, flange flatness, or goo
failure.

It is more likely that the rear reaction strut (not sure what else to call
it) causes the joint to flex a little and open every time the car slows
under braking.  My theory and the solution I adopted can be found here:

http://www.bluehealey.com/Struts.html

No leaks from my gearbox.

AlanB

cid:image001.png at 01D18856.FC90FB60