[Healeys] Speedo Drive

David Ward david.bighealey at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:05:41 MST 2016

Hello Keith,

>From the numbers that you have given I am able to inform you that this overdrive was fitted to the Rover 105R and also the Rover 105S.

On the tail housing of your overdrive unit do you have a centrifugal switch or not?

If you are certain that your overdrive unit is that of the BN2 then you require a 15 tooth pinion.

David.

I have a BN1 fitted with a BN2 box BUT the overdrive is stamped  28/1469 which is not listed as Healey

The problem is that the speedo drive I have is ( 14 teeth) and will not engage with the shaft drive

Different pinions are listed for BN2 to BN6 & another for BN7 & up

Without knowing what 28/1469 was for I am flying blind

Any input would be appreciated.

Keith Taylor

Southern Highlands OZ