[Healeys] Speedo Drive

David Ward david.bighealey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:19:56 MST 2016

Hello Keith,

>From the numbers that you have given I am able to inform you that this overdrive was fitted to the Rover 105R and also the Rover 105S.

On the tail housing of your overdrive unit do you have a centrifugal switch or not?

If you are certain that your overdrive unit is that of the BN2 then you require a 15 tooth pinion.

Or if you wish remove the pinion drive cog gear from the tail of the overdrive annulus housing, mark one tooth with paint and count the number of teeth in rotation.

GOOD LUCK.

David.

I have a BN1 fitted with a BN2 box BUT the overdrive is stamped  28/1469 which is not listed as Healey

The problem is that the speedo drive I have is ( 14 teeth) and will not engage with the shaft drive

Different pinions are listed for BN2 to BN6 & another for BN7 & up

Without knowing what 28/1469 was for I am flying blind

Any input would be appreciated.

Keith Taylor

Southern Highlands OZ