[Healeys] get a load of this one..

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Feb 12 13:51:39 MST 2016

There is no 'tax' on installing K&N filters in California, and I've never seen any 'sticker' on the filters. There is a sticker that comes with K&Ns--I bought one for my '96 Ranger many years ago--that you affix in a visible location in the engine bay that attests that the filter is in compliance with CARB rules. We've had the truck smogged 8-9 times since then, with no issues. See:

http://www.knfilters.com/streetlegal.htm

But, why let facts get in the way of California-bashing? And, if 'Kalifornia' is so rotten, why did you move here (you aren't required to smog an out-of-state vehicle unless you are attempting to register it here; again, more of them pesky, fun-spoiling facts). And, none of our Healeys require smog testing in 'Kalifornia' (thanks Pete Wilson), and there are no mandatory, arbitrary 'safety' or 'roadworthy' inspections.

Feel free to leave California at any time.

Regards,
Bob