[Healeys] Subject: Dynamator installation

Tom McCay - Classic-Car-World Ltd enquiries at classic-car-world.co.uk
Mon Feb 1 02:16:45 MST 2016

Hi John, are you +ve or –ve earth on your 3000?

All alternators today are –ve earth and this goes for the Dynamators or Dynators that we supply unless they have been converted to +ve earth: https://www.ccw-tools.com/Automotive-Equipment/Alternators--Dynamos/DYNATORS__c-p-0-0-5435-600-1409.aspx

To install them in a –ve earth configuration all you need is a +ve through the ignition warning light to the small connector and a B+ connection to the large connection. The unit needs the ignition warning light connection to energise the stator windings in the first place. You have to bypass the regulator box on the bulkhead as the alternator is internally regulated and the bulk head regulator is redundant. The body of the unit is earthed through the engine block.

Please see the attached wiring diagram.

If you are +ve earth let me know and I can send on the other instructions.

Kindest Regards

Tom

Tom McCay - Director

CCW-Tools, (a division of Classic-Car-World Ltd)

32 Washingborough Road

Heighington

Lincoln

LN4 1RE