[Healeys] TR6 question

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Sat Dec 31 06:09:14 MST 2016

Ira,

Being a late car, it will have a lot of government mandated crap on it.
I can see the huge overriders in the one pic.  The engine stuff will no
doubt cut down on it's power potential as happened with MGBs.  I don't
know if you need to have all of the emission controls on it and working
or not.  Some of the items, if they have to work, may be difficult to
fix as they are probably not available new any more, and the used ones
will have the same age related problems.  Currently I'm working on a '77
MGB which was 'desmogged' since they do not have to be compliant here in
PA that old.

Sorry, I'm not into TR6s enough to know of anything specific to look
for.  Does it have overdrive?

Charlie