[Healeys] Healey Screw Threads

Austin Healeys List austinhealeyslist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:05:02 MST 2016

Hi Neil,

Mostly UNF on a BN6.

I have tried a few of those well-priced tap and die sets and they are
not much use. The "alloy steel" they are made out of is from India or
Asia and of very low hardness so they dull quickly even on aluminium.
Ok for cleaning up existing threads in an emergency but not so useful
as a workshop tool. High speed steel (HSS) from a known brand will
cost a bit more and give a far better result and last almost
indefinitely

3/16 (10-32), 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16 and 1/2 covers most bolts on the Healey.

Andy.