[Healeys] Solenoid Bracket -

michael.salter at gmail.com michael.salter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 11:08:40 MST 2016

Jean,

I'm sorry that I don't have a clearer picture of the bracket and plate.

My car, #174, has a "U" bracket welded to the footwell side wall, as do the Kilmartin replacement panels but, what has me concerned, is the flat bracket with stiffening edge flanges, about 3" x 3" that is secured to the "U" bracket.

The solenoid is then mounted to that plate.

I'm trying to figure out if that plate should be fitted to body #793 and wondering what the purpose of the plate actually was.

Apparently  this is not unique to #174 as Roland has noted that he has it on #724.

Michael S

BN1 #174

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:39 AM -0500, "Jean Caron" <vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com> wrote:

Michael,

I think we can determine that this bracket was there at least until chassis #1000 but the bracket on Chassis #1000 is slightly different than yours and the one provided by Kilmartin is like the one on Chassis #1000. But yours is slightly longer so I wonder
 when the changeover took place.

Jean