[Healeys] Holes in Painted Surface

Jean Caron vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:28:34 MDT 2016

The method I was shown by the bodyman that paints the cars I bring there always include starting with masking tape, the type used in bodyshop, then marking the spot you want to drill with a pen on the tape, followed by a punch, then a small hole followed by the correct size if not too large otherwise increase the size gradually. Buy good quality drill bits, they wont have as much a tendency to walk, they last a lot longer and can be sharpened. Like anything nowadays, you get what you pay for.

Jean