[Healeys] Stripped bolt

Mike Garvey r3m1g4 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 27 16:13:54 MDT 2015

Ira,
I just ran across something called a "back tap" that might be useful when
you get the old bolt out; the one I saw was for cleaning up damaged spark
plug holes.  The idea is that the back tap is adjustable in diameter: you
collapse it, put it in the hole, expand it, and back it out (carefully) to
use the undamaged inside threads as a guide for cleaning up the damaged
ones.   All the crap comes out on the side you want it to come out on .
You may not need this, but good to know about.
Mike