[Healeys] Core plug extraction

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Thu Nov 12 10:16:04 MST 2015

Thanks for this, but I’m not talking about opening a lip, just banging one
lip inwards ie with, say,m a round drift of +/- 4mm. Banging it on the lip,
at 90° to the plug’s flat surface, trying to push that side inwards so the
other side swivels outwards into the jaws of your grips.

Yes, opening a lip sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Driving in a spike and levering outwards works but can be a real pain if the
thing’s been in there for 50 years and/or depending on what sort of vile
gloop the PO used as a seal.

Simon