[Healeys] Splines and Wheels

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Sat Nov 7 20:06:38 MST 2015

If the wheels are turning in the undo direction you are doing it wrong. The nut on the right wheel should have a left hand thread  and the nut on the left wheel should have a right hand thread. Imagine you are Superman and as the car is driving by you reach out and grab the center lock nut. If the nut would tend to tighten it is correct. If it would tend to loosen it is on the wrong side. If that's the case you are going to lose a wheel.

Bill Lawrence