[Healeys] SU Needles & OIL ( or lack of )

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Thu Jun 25 22:35:09 MDT 2015

All I can tell you from bitter experience is it's better to be rich. I guess that is true in general...

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 16:36:36 +1000
From: ktee20 at gmail.com
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] SU Needles & OIL ( or lack of )

G'Day
Problem 1
 I have a BN2 with Le Mans upgrades ,  1 3/4 carbys with OA6 needles & the car is running very rich,I have ordered weaker OA8 needles hoping to sort out this problem . However this car has flat top pistons hence much higher compression .Am I going down the right road .
Problem 2
This car left standing overnight ,on startup has a severe bearing rattle , my long time mechanic ( retired, read old ex BMC man)  is of the opinion that the spin off filter non-return is failing The oil release valve seems to be in good condition. Startup now is to crank over without starting to get oil pressure up then fire up , Subsequent startups are not a problem
Keith TaylorSouthern Highlands OZ
BN1BN2

Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive