[Healeys] Core plugs seaping on a 3000

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Wed Jun 24 09:26:42 MDT 2015

Hi,

I'm losing a little coolant - say 1 pint per 200 miles - from a pair of core
plugs. (The two rear ones under the manifolds).

No way to access them from above and I very much doubt if it can be done
from below though I haven't looked. I've got Webers and a big bore 6 branch
so there's not much room.

OK, I'll have to strip out the Webers and drop the exhaust; that's a given.
And, at the same time, I can do a few other little things.

BUT, but....I don't want to do it now. Not just when what we optimistically
call our summer is just beginning.

I hope to keep an eye on the loss and last it out until autumn. (Usually
summer starts in June and autumn starts about a week later so I may not have
much time).

I was thinking of putting some Radweld or similar magic goo into the
coolant. I know it's fairly effective in radiators.....might it work on the
core plugs?

Simon