[Healeys] SU Needles & OIL ( or lack of )

Michael michael.salter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 06:12:26 MDT 2015

Hi Keith,
Can't help you much on #1
But regarding bearing clatter on startup my engine does the same thing as yours on the first start of the day.
The engine has very few miles on it since I "freshened" it last winter.
I Plastigaged (spell check sure doesn't like that one) and the Glacier rod and main shells were all well within spec.
The oil pressure with VR1 20/50 is 55p.s.i. hot at 3000 RPM and the only time I hear the clatter is on the first start of the day.
I have removed and rechecked the original filter assembly and everything seems to be fine.
BTW my MGBGT does exactly the same thing.
I suspect that it is not a problem but would like to hear others CONSTRUCTIVE input.
Michael S
BN1 #174