[Healeys] Gauges and Morris

Steve Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Wed Jun 17 12:58:11 MDT 2015

Several friends and I have had gauges satisfactorily done by Morris and I
can see how his personality might occasionally be an issue, but definitely
not a con man. Recently the Austin Healey Association of Southern California
had a tech session at a member's house and Morris addressed around 20
interested guys for an hour on how he calibrates the speedometers and what
the factors are.

Now I had a different impression of his late ex-wife, who ran MoMa in
Albuquerque. Maybe the work Curt had done involved her.

Ira - have you made sure you grounded everything properly? Maybe you want to
make a bench-test rig where you move the sender arm and the gauge moves. I
troubleshot mine years ago by running a test wire from the sender over the
seats directly to the back of the gauge.

Con man?
Kees Oudesluijs

--

Steve Gerow