[Healeys] BJ8 Door trim panels

Jean Caron vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 16 20:15:11 MDT 2015

Stephen,
Yes the "U" shaped channel fits over the front edge of the door and should fit without trimming the edge. What is most important is that the holes for the door handle and the window handle are properly centered with the square mechanism that protrudes. Same goes for the two holes at the top of your trim for the pull handle. If these all line up, and if is the key word here, you are indeed lucky, then you can put your clips in the door panel and gently line them up with the holes in the door and push them in place. If the holes for the handles do not line up properly, you will have a few hours of work measuring and even moving this "U" shaped channel, new holes, new rivets etc.
The fun never cease.............

Jean