[Healeys] BJ8 Door trim panels

Stephen Hutchings s.hutchings at rogers.com
Tue Jun 16 19:28:48 MDT 2015

I'm putting together the trim panels on my BJ8 doors, and I have a couple of questions about the way they fit.I've got the clips and I can see where they match up, but I had some squeezing down at the bottom front end when closing the door. I have new trim panels and I notice that the front edge is a sort of U channel. Does this U channel wrap over the front edge of the door? The vinyl wraps over the back of the panel which would make that impossible without trimming it back, but maybe that's what I should do?
I notice there are no places for clips on the front edge.When I took my old panels off they were non-original, and had been screwed on, so I'm learning as I go.I've attached a photo of the edge I'm talking about, with the vinyl pulled back a little.

Thanks, Stephen