[Healeys] And now for something completely different

Mark Donaldson ardmorebusiness at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jun 17 19:09:03 MDT 2015

38 years ago, when I was editor of the New Zealand Austin-Healey Club
magazine, Healey-Torque, I published details of these two cars which, at the
time, were owned by Dan Miller of La Porte, Texas.

Copies of the two pages, with bromide images, are attached.
The coupe, HAN-9R-238 was raced by Judy Kondratieff (in the 1970 Janet
Guthrie Sebring team.)  Judy was the late wife of well-known New Zealand
Formula 1 driver of yesteryear, Howden Ganley.  Howden told me earlier this
year that, had he known of their whereabouts back in 1977 he would like to
have purchased at least 238 for her.

It must be noted that the car before this one, HAN-9R-237 is owned by
lister, Joe Armour, in NSW, Australia.

Mark Donaldson
Ardmore, NZ