[Healeys] Fan

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Thu Jan 1 08:53:14 MST 2015

Roger,
I have had the same six bladed, riveted fan on my car since approx. 2005. I purchased it from one of the major parts suppliers. I do not recall which one. It is my understanding that this fan is a reproduction of the original "hot climate" optional fan. I average over 5000 miles/year on the car. Because of the stories about fan blade failure, I annually check my fan  for cracks. So far I have found none. One thing that has not been mentioned is failure due to high RPM. If you regularly red line your engine I would guess that you increase your odds of a fan failure!
Gary Hodson