[Healeys] Leak from rocker/valve cover

richard mayor boyracer466 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 18:47:23 MST 2015

Unfortunately, your new cork gasket is now soaked with oil so no sealant
will stick to it.  Start over with a new cork gasket. Be sure to clean all
oil off the head and valve cover flange. Make sure the valve cover flange
is not bent.  Put on some of those blue gloves and cover both sides of the
new gasket with a thin layer of silicone.  Wait 15 minutes and put it
together. Gently snug up the big nuts.  In a couple of hours tighten the
big nuts to the desired final clamp. Do not over-tighten as you can damage
the cork gasket.
With this technique the gasket does not get soaked with oil and you can
clean and re-use the gasket.