[Healeys] Leak from rocker/valve cover

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Dec 30 14:08:19 MST 2015

Make sure the raised oil 'dam' on the head around the valves is flat.
Mine appears to dip a little at one corner, and that is where I
sometimes get leaks.  I glue the gasket to the cover then run a small
bead of silicone on the bottom of the gasket before installing (I can
usually reuse the gasket a couple times).  As always, don't overdo the
goop lest it end up causing oil constipation somewhere.

Also too, make sure the cover is as straight and flat as possible; it
has almost certainly been overtightened and distorted at some time by
some ham-fisted amateur trying to stop leaking (not that I would EVER do
such a thing).

Bob