[Healeys] Toe In

Larry Varley varley at cosmos.net.au
Tue Aug 11 05:36:21 MDT 2015

Hi Roger, I have a couple of 1/2 rods that are longer than the width of
my widest car. They have small holes drilled sideways near each end. I
set these up on stands at wheel center height at each end of the car and
run a string line through the holes forming a square box around the car.
The rods position is adjusted until all wheels are an even distance to
the string line. Once set up which only takes a few minutes you can
measure off the string line and accurately check both front and back
wheel alignment, it is not unheard of for a Healey to have a bent diff
housing causing rear toe in or out. I would set some toe in regardless
of what tyres you use.
Regards
Larry Varley