[Healeys] Toe In

John O'Brien banjojohn at cox.net
Mon Aug 10 18:34:56 MDT 2015

I have a completely unorthordox method, and I freely admit that it may
not be extremely accurate, but I think it gets you in the zone. I use a
standard adjustable curtain rod, the type that curves to a 90 degree
angle at each end.  get the car situated level and wheels straight ahead
on the ground.  Tire pressures up etc.  I crawl under on one side and
extend the curtail rod so the ends hit the inside of the tires at about
axle height.  then, bring it out, without letting it slip, and mark with
a pencil where the two pieces of the rod overlap.  Then do the same at
the front of the tires and mark again.  Slide apart, and measure the
distance between the two marks.  Looking for a 1/8" to 3/16" difference
with the front measurement being the shorter obviously.

John O'Brien
'65 BJ8
'61 Bugeye