[Healeys] Bonnet latch adjustment

Al Fuller al at bighealey.org
Wed Aug 5 11:16:38 MDT 2015

Hi Dan;

I have been adjusting my bonnet lately, so this is relatively fresh for me…

I, too found I needed to change the striker pin depth, and also found that I couldn’t get a wrench in there and have room to turn it.  I was at a place where I did not want the alignment to change, so I just marked the outline of the striker assembly on the bonnet before removing the two bolts holding it up there.

After giving myself a little less compression and a little more travel after latching down, I just lined it back up where it was, and had much better closure.

So – short version:  you are right, the striker needs to come down to adjust the striker depth – as far as I can see.

Al Fuller

al at bighealey dot org

'65 BJ-8

'85 Rx-7