[Healeys] Bonnet latch adjustment

Daniel White healeydan at wowway.com
Wed Aug 5 09:04:53 MDT 2015

Hello listers,
I've looked in the Archives/manual and don't see a "how to" re adjusting the bonnet latch on my 1962 3000 Mk II.
When I pull the release the bonnet is just barely pushed up by the striker spring.
The striker pin is threaded to allow it to be longer or shorter as needed.
I'm thinking the pin should be screwed in (shortened) so that the spring is compressed more. I see that there
is an opening on the backside of the of the bracket that holds the pin/spring assembly to the bonnet which allows
access to a lock nut. I've tried getting an open end wrench and/or box wrench on the lock nut...if I get the
wrench through the opening I can't it on the nut. The nut looks to be 9/16", am I right on that? Someone, please
tell me the "how to".
Thanks,
Dan White