[Healeys] Ah 100 rebuild

Michael michael.salter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 16:44:33 MDT 2015

One problem that I have encountered on a few 100 engines was a distorted head face on the block. This was easily remedied by skimming the top of the block using the main bearing bores as a reference.
I am pretty sure that this distortion is a major contributor to the common problem of leakage above #s 2 &3 plug.
Certainly have not had that problem after having the head face trued up.
Michael S
BN1 #174