[Healeys] Followup--- Girling Brake Servo Rebuild

R. Cobb rcobb at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 17 19:16:11 MDT 2015

Michael Salter was kind enough to inform me that the vacuum chest of the
servo is steel rather than aluminum, as I had stated.

So, what follows is Sandstrom's application protocol for steel:

"Application on steel. Pre-clean the steel surface with aliphatic
naphtha or any other EPA compliant cleaner that sufficiently
cleans surfaces to pass ASTM F22. Sandblast the surfaces with 180-220
grit aluminum oxide (25-50 RMS optimum). Phosphate
IAW MIL-DTL-16232 (weight should be 11-22 g/m2), type M, class 3 or type
Z, class 3."

Any comments  from those who may have used the Sandstrom dry lube
products in the past?

Thanks.

Bob