[Healeys] Removing Big Nut on Crankshaft

Rick Swain rjswain at hotmail.com
Sun May 4 19:01:38 MDT 2014

You could try what I have done unintentionally - twice. I left a big crescent
wrench on the nut, then later, having forgotten it was there, tried to start
the engine. A big clunk, but luckily no damage. Spun that nut right off. no
problem at all. And here I am admitting to my stupidity.
You could turn the wrench until it fetched up against the inner fender, or
wherever, and avoid the big clunk.
Rick Swain (I'm actually signing my real name)