[Healeys] Full line on dipstick

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 19:12:40 MST 2014

Hey guys, there are 2 dipstick configurations, with 2 block configurations.
The 'low dipstick' has the dipstick much lower in the block, and closer to the
firewall. Usually pre BJ8 3000's, but I don't know the cutover date...
The 'high' dipstick block has the round end of the dipstick ending between
spark plugs 1 and 2, and above the plugs. Usually BJ8's, certainly later ones,
but no idea of cutover date.
My BJ8 dipstick is just over 17 inches from the bottom to the stop collar. The
full line is 1.25 inch from the bottom.
Total length of the dipstick is 23 inches. Healey sumps hold a lot of oil....
Mark - yours sounds more like a low dipstick block???
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone