[Healeys] Fuel pump's psi & 3/8" unf k-nuts.

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 15:13:23 MST 2014

Chris

I fitted some Ram filters. They are new and  I didn't oil them. This probably
explains why I only have a problem when I'm really accelerating very hard. On
the road I'm not usually doing that so the cars drives ok in normal operation.
I remove them for the track.

Derek
On 15 Feb 2014, at 00:09, Chris Dimmock <austin.healey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Derek,
> I don't know what filters you run,
> but when we dyno'd my Healey many years ago, we found the oiled foam sock
filters were a major restriction, especially the rear one. We ran it without
the filters and it made a huge difference. So we degreased, washed & dried the
foam sock filters, and it made a huge difference.
> A few years ago, I bought new filters that were pre oiled, fitted new plugs
and headed up to Bathurst.
> The car ran like a dog, wouldn't rev, fouled plugs, and ran far too rich.
Then it dawned on me - I stopped at a service station and removed the filters.
Presto!! Degreased the filters that night, washed and dried them, and all was
good again!