[Healeys] Fuel pump's psi & 3/8" unf k-nuts.

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 07:39:08 MST 2014

Simon

Regarding space for the rear carb. When you say bodywork do you mean the
diagonal support strut that runs down from the bulkhead to the front of the
car? If so then you need to have it modified. You have to cut out a part of
this strut and replace it with modified support. DWR sell this modified piece
already made. With that out of the way there is plenty of room.

I have not seen any Weber set up that has the vacuum advance connected to it.
Perhaps because fuel economy at low throttle settings is not the objective.

You do not need the balance pipe and you can connect the servo  to the rear
manifold, it should have provision for that. I would not route the crankcase
vent back into the intake manifold as you are just polluting your intake
mixture. I run mine to  a vented catch tank and another one from the valve
cover to the tank.

I would recommend having everything set up on a rolling road. When that is
done correctly you will not need to touch the Webers for a long time.

Derek

On 13 Feb 2014, at 17:25, Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk> wrote:

> Thank s for this.
> Burlen says my pump pushes out between 2 and 3.8psi. That's per side. Thus,
> in the unlikely event of my keeping it at full throttle for any time, I
> could switch on the other half and increase the flow.
>
> As to filters.......well I've hit the issue regarding space between the
carb
> nearest the passenger and the bodywork. 39mm of space to be precise. One is
> told to leave approx 25mm space in front of the ram pipes in order to
ensure
> clear air flow. That points one towards 16mm ram pipes, but not much by way
> of filtration. What did you do?
>
> Likewise, I've had very contrary advice as to connecting the vacuum pipe
for
> the 123Ignition distributor. The vendor says "do without, but accept high
> mpg". The manufacturer says "fit a pipe connected to at least one of the 3
> separate manifolds". I am going to fabricate a so-called balance pipe
> connecting all 3 manifolds and plumb my vacuum advance, brake servo and PCV
> valve into this pipe. (Much like was fitted by the factory for my MkII
BT7).