[Healeys] Gas (petrol) gauge

Michael michael.salter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 12:35:16 MST 2014

The sender unit is immersed in fuel much of the time.
Any lubricant will be diluted and washed away as soon as the unit is installed.
 The shaft relies on fuel for lubrication but the residues remaining after evaporation cause things to seize up.
Also a problem is corrosion of the zinc body by water that condenses inside the tank.
Using methyl alcohol to get any moisture out of the tank can help.
I don't have a really good solution but such is the joy!!!
Michael S
BN1 #174
With a similarly recalcitrant sender unit.