[Healeys] Universal joints

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu May 30 10:34:28 MDT 2013

Properly maintained/greased UV-joints last nearly a lifetime with
moderate use. Grip the two axle parts and twist while feeling for play.
In general this is easy to feel. Replacing them is very straight forward
although check that the cups do not rotate in the yokes. If they do use
locktite or similar while fitting them to fix them in the yoke. If one
is gone it is best to replace the other one as well. Try to get ones
with a grease nipple. Plenty on offer on ebay but the local NAPA parts
store is probably well able to supply them.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL