[Healeys] Powder on Springs

Larry Varley varley at cosmos.net.au
Sun May 12 02:58:11 MDT 2013

I agree with Kees here, in any form of coating surface preparation is
critical, and I have seen far too many cases of rust under powder
coating. It looks good but how well is it stuck. I would also be wary of
any coating that involved heat and springs. If you take a look at any
good industrial paint spec for steel, it will be sand blast, to provide
a semi rough surface for mechanical adhesion of the primer, then top
coat. In fact as long as the surface is sand blasted even the primer
step can be optional.
Cheers
Larry