[Healeys] Powder on Springs

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sun May 12 02:25:36 MDT 2013

These relatively low temperatures for curing the powder coat can have
significant effect on steel springs, especially springs made from BS
2056 En 58A/56 steel, stainless steel (n.a. in this case) and low alloy
carbon steel are prone to this
The problem with powder coating is that the adhesion to the metal is not
always as it should and (serious) corrosion can creep under the coating
without you seeing it until it flakes of. Although it looks nice and
shiny when all is OK, it just looks to perfect as it also evens out many
original small imperfections.
I prefer the old fashioned way of primer and chassis black with the
imperfections in the metal visible. It is also easier to de-rust and
touch up.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
E: coudesluijs at chello.nl

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl