[Healeys] Steel wheels again

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu May 2 08:06:34 MDT 2013

I've used similar 'rust converters/encapsulators,' but they always turn any rust black (they go on clear). They do a good job of sealing, though.

Most metal preps I've seen are a mild phosphoric acid, which creates a very thin coat of iron phosphate on the surface (chemically, not a whole lot different than anodizing). We used metal prep on the BN2 and, surprising to me, it turned the steel parts a golden color.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA