[Healeys] BT7 Seat Rail Attachment

Jean Caron vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 14 22:02:07 MDT 2013

Charlie:
The floors should be covered with tar material, then on top of it you will
install the metal strips that you made, they should be painted black and then
on top of those go the wood pieces with the small holes facing the back of the
car. I am surprised than the ones you got from Moss do not fit and I cannot
see why they would not but one never knows these days, make a set yourself,
easy to do. I believe the wood pieces were bare but I have never seen a set
that were in good shape, in any event I usually give them a couple coats of
varnish to protect them.
As far as the tee nut, you put the lockwaher first followed by the flat washer
and then attach it to the rail, the tee nut comes from underneath the car. The
ones on the top, the ones that hold the seat fram, you put the frame on,
followed by the flat washer, then the lockwasher and the nuts.
Your floor should be flat other than the areas where there is a pattern to
strenghten it.

Jean