[Healeys] BT7 Seat Rail Attachment

Charlie Schott schottc at knology.net
Thu Mar 14 21:19:02 MDT 2013

Since I bought my Healey completely disassembled, I'm trying to establish
how the seat rails are attached to the floor pans. I found four metal
strips, 1 5/8 X 15 with 3 holes for the tee nuts, that are corroded beyond
use. I've made new ones and I think that they go below the floor pan. They
also were covered with remnants of tar paper (not sure this was original).
To add to the confusion, I can't find them in the Moss catalog. Also, since
the holes in the floor plan are extruded upward, the new wood pieces I
bought from Moss don't sit flat on the floor. Should I pound the floor flat?
Do the wood pieces sit inside cut outs of the carpet? Are the wood pieces
bare or painted?

Also, I would appreciate it it someone would tell me how the flat and lock
washers stack up on the top and the bottom of the rails.

In case you haven't noticed, I have an obsession with originality (Hey,
that's really the only way to do it). Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Charlie Schott
,