[Healeys] Where to put my mirrors.

Greg Mandas gmandas at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 10:58:15 MDT 2013

Patrick,

I am not at all sure.  The way traffic laws in the US come and go, and vary
from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, that's a really good question.

I do not believe placement was ever mandated.

I think driver's side view drives and passenger's side view were mandated at
different times and for different reasons.  At one time as a kid in Ohio an
officer, as he was writing me a ticket, explained side view mirrors were not
necesary unless the rearview mirrow (inside) was blocked.

The other thing I'm not sure about is with grandfathering. Are the laws
governing the mirrors on a 65 Healey, and seatbelts as well, the ones for when
the car was built in 1965 or the current 2013 laws?

Greg