[Healeys] Pilot (Spigot) Bush Size

Mark Donaldson ardmorebusiness at xtra.co.nz
Mon Oct 8 16:41:22 MDT 2012

Good point, Gary.
I also told Jim off site that whilst I hadn't fitted a pilot bush in
many years, I seemed to recall soaking it in engine oil for 24 hours
before fitting it. Having said that, I don't know how much oil a
phosphor-bronze bush would soak up, but I do know that it is slightly
porous.

I removed the old bush fairly easily by using the old railway
engineers trick: I filled the cavity behind the bush with oil then
inserted a tight-fitting drift.  A few solid clouts forced the bush
out.  Hydraulics 101.

Mark
Auckland. NZ