[Healeys] Alternator conversion

Maurice Maxwell maxandreb1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 19:37:06 MDT 2012

Peter,
I did this conversion on a 1961 BT7, and I used the information from John Sims
tech pages.  I made my own brackets from 3/16 steel and used a hardened
threaded rod to fit the alternator to the generated ears on the block.  To
hold the distance between the generator ears with a steel tube cut to the
exact distance between the ears.

Again the John Sims tech section is truly great.  I consult it frequently.

Vroom, vroom,
Max

On Oct 2, 2012, at 1:15 PM, pvoris at q.com wrote:

> I'm sure this is a subject covered myriad times on the list, but I've missed
it. I'm contemplating converting from the stock positive earth generator on my
'56 BN2 to a negative earth alternator. Any suggestions as to which alternator
will serve me best? What pitfalls should I watch out for in the conversion?
Many thanks in advance to all of you who have been down this road before me!