[Healeys] Tubes for tubeless tires

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 1 12:26:19 MDT 2012

Dennis,

The main difference between tube and tubeless tires is the addition
of a small sealing ridge on the tubeless tire bead that seats against
the rim. There will be single ridge or multiple ridges depending on
the tire. When I did some research there was not much information to
find. I understand you want to use tubes. However, If your rims are
wire and if they are made to be tubeless using tubes is not
recommended. My tubeless wire wheels have a band of something like
heavy black electrical tape covering the nipple ends. I am told that
the tube can stick to the tape and suddenly rupture the tube causing
a blow-out.

John Spaur
San Jose, CA