[Healeys] Tubes for tubeless tires

teamhealeytexas fredcrowley at teamhealeytexas.com
Mon Oct 1 12:09:15 MDT 2012

I've used tubes in my Hoosier Speedster tyres (rated tubeless) on my racing
3000 for years.

A note of caution however. Most tyre manufacturers often have small
"inspection stickers" on the inside of the tyre. These stickers must be
removed before you use the inner tube. What will happen is that as the tyre
heats up, the sticker gets a bit "gummy" and will stick to the tube. Over
time, tyre/tube "squirm" will cause the tube to tear because of the sticker
and you'll have a flat with the tube being rendered useless. Granted with
racing, this will happen very quickly (lots of first hand experience), but
the problem is still present when used for street/highway driving. Make sure
you get all the stickers out. I use a dremel tool with a fine wire brush.

Y'all take care, eh?
Fred
Team Healey Texas